WHAT WE OFFER
SDC Projects are building professionals offering support services for construction & maintenance projects. All Property consulting services are carried out by David Allan. David is a licenced builder with over 40 years of diverse experience with real technical know-how. David will stay with you every step of your journey and de-risk your project or purchase.
Our Construction & Maintenance Support Services for home owners include:
- Recommendation for overall project strategy;
- Assistance with procurement & scoping;
- Assistance with project delivery in design & construction phases;
- Dispute resolution.
Advice on your overall strategy to design, build & de-risk your project.
PROCUREMENT & SCOPING
We offer assistance at every step of the procurement and scoping stage, including:
- Assistance in procuring your designer, builder or trade contractors;
- Developing Scopes of Work on which your designers, builder or trade contractors will quote;
- Managing the quoting / tendering process;
- Assessment of quotes;
- Negotiation of contract terms;
- Assistance in preparing the contract for designers, builder or trade contractors.
In order to make sure your project runs smoothly from beginning to end, we offer services including:
- Monitoring design consultants in the design phase;
- Assistance with design reviews;
- Construction programming;
- Cost & buildability advice during the design phase;
- Monitoring the builder or trade contractor in the construction phase;
- Inspection regime during the construction phase;
- Variation assessment / negotiation;
- Completion Inspection;
- Defect Inspection;
- End of warranty inspection.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION/ EXPERT WITNESS
The best value we can add in this area is advising a strategy to avoid a dispute in the first place. For building projects this strategy will include how to set up the project, the tendering process, a suitable Contract, fair allocation of risk and how the contract is administered.
If you have a dispute we can advise you on the best way forward. Where appropriate we can work with both parties to search for an early resolution before the situation escalates.
If in the end your dispute goes legal we can support your legal team as a building expert.
Dilapidation Reports on sites adjacent to new construction. Carried out before construction starts to assist in determining responsibility for damage to neighbouring properties during construction.