WHAT WE OFFER
SDC Projects are building professionals offering property inspections services. All Property Inspection services are carried out by David Allan. David is a licenced builder with over 40 years of diverse experience with real technical know-how. David will stay with you every step of your journey.
Our Property Inspection Services for home owners include:
- Pre-settlement inspections- for properties bought off the plan;
- Vendor Inspections – before going on the market;
- Defect inspections;
- End of Warranty Inspections;
- Investigation of building problems.
PRE-SETTLEMENT INSPECTIONS- for properties bought off the plan
So, construction is finally finished and you are all ready for settlement on your new home. You have everyone organised including:
- The bank;
- Your solicitor;
- The real estate agent;
- Your removalist;
- Your Building Inspector.
Wait…What? A Building Inspector? Is that even an option?
Doesn’t it seem a bit crazy to be handing over the money for the biggest investment of your life without obtaining independent expert advice on the completed property? Don’t risk it. The cost of a building inspection is a small price to pay for peace of mind.
- Check the Contract for Sale to ensure the developer has satisfied all their obligations in terms of the property description in the contract, dimensions, finishes and inclusions;
- Provide a thorough defects inspection. Let us help you take control of the post occupancy phase with a comprehensive list of building defects. The sooner you issue this list to the builder the greater the likelihood of the builder promptly remedying the defects. Undetected defects can raise their head years later after expiration of the warranty, representing a significant potential risk to the owner;
- Provide an overview of the common property – defects in the common property will impact on all owners.
VENDOR INSPECTIONS- before going on the market
It is highly recommended to have a building inspection before putting a property on the market. You don’t want problems coming up when a purchaser obtains their own pre-purchase inspection report. We can also carry out any necessary repairs, if required, and provide a final pre-purchase inspection report that can be given to any prospective buyer.
Specialist Defect Inspections are typically provided on new properties or construction projects. These inspections are provided at completion of construction and also at the end of the warranty period. This is highly recommended given the significant investment in a property or building project.
Let us help you take control of the post occupancy phase with a comprehensive list of building defects. The sooner you issue this list to the builder the greater the likelihood of the builder promptly remedying the defects. Undetected defects can raise their head years later after expiration of the warranty representing a significant potential risk to the owner.
END OF WARRANTY INSPECTIONS
This is your last chance to identify any building problems while the builder is still responsible to remedy. Undetected defects can raise their head years later after expiration of the warranty representing a significant potential risk to the owner.
INVESTIGATION OF BUILDING PROBLEMS
Step One: Initial Investigation
We will get to the bottom of any building problem and identify the root cause using diagnostic tools. We have the right diagnostic tools and substantial technical know-how;
Step Two: Providing Solutions
Once we have identified the problem we can advise the solution including a Scope of Work for the remedial work;
Step Three: Assistance with Obtaining Quotes
We will assist you in going to the market to get the work quoted & contracted;
Step Four: Assistance with the Repairs Supervision
We continue to support you with supervision of the remedial work to ensure all completed work complies with the contract and is completed in a workmanlike manner to industry standards.